Hello spring – Achooo!
Do you suffer from uncontrollable sneezing, itchy eyes, runny or blocked nose in spring?
Hay fever season is creeping up on us, the sneezing has already begun!
Did you know symptoms of hay fever can be alleviated by a course of acupuncture. In fact the ideal time to start treatment is before the season begins.
Seasonal hay fever or allergic rhinitis is a common upper respiratory condition that can be very debilitating for sufferers. It is caused by an allergic reaction to the pollen.
Because hay fever is an immune response there are a number of things you can do to improve your health and relieve symptoms of allergies.
- Acupuncture: According to the Acupuncture evidence report, there is strong evidence supporting the effectiveness of acupuncture in treating hay fever.
- Improve your immune system: eat plenty of fresh fruit high in vitamin C like kiwi fruit, oranges, strawberries, pineapple and papaya.
- Avoid dairy products as they increase mucus production in the respiratory tract.
- Look after your gut health by including fermented foods in your diet.
- Drink chrysanthemum, goji berries and honey suckle tea to benefit the eyes.
- Use a Cucumber slices to help relieve the red irritated eyes.
Click here to book in for a course of acupuncture at Mei Hua Chinese medicine clinic.