How hormones effect your life
The dance of hormones throughout the month control the ebb and flow of your menstrual cycle. How they interplay can have a profound effect on how you feel about yourself, your weight, your relationship with others, your social life and even your sleep. The impact is so wide reaching, that they can have a dramatic effect on the quality of your life. In fact, some women may have days of pain, fatigue, uncontrollable fluctuating emotions, such heavy periods they cannot leave the house, hot flushes, migraines and acne to name a few
For approximately 30 – 40 years of life, most women experience a menstrual cycle. This is controlled by reproductive hormones, estrogen, progesterone, LH and FSH. They mature your reproductive organs at puberty and regulate your menstrual cycle. In fact, these hormones affect your ability to fall pregnant and have a baby. They influence your mood and emotions. They even effect where fat is deposited on your bodies! To understand how the menstrual cycle works and how hormones effect your life is the first step in healing problems that arise from an imbalance in the reproductive cycle.
What you will learn
- Physiology – Over the next couple of months on you will learn about how hormones about control puberty, the menstrual cycle, fertility and menopause.
- How it can affect you when things go awry. Learn the wide reaching effect of an imbalance in the hormones
- What you can do to regulate your menstrual cycle, decrease pain, PMT and other gyneacological problems
- Fertility and some of the causes of infertility
- The ins and outs of peri-menopause and menopause
- Natural healing options with diet, lifestyle choices, acupuncture and Chinese herbs to improve the quality of your life.
Join me every week for the journey into understanding your hormones, what happens when they are out of balance and how Chinese medicine can help.
Like us on facebook