Julienne Tatkovic Chinese Medicine Practitioner, BChinMed (Hons)
I am Julienne Tatkovic, an AHPRA registered Chinese medicine practitioner, acupuncturist, herbalist and yoga teacher. I have practiced acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine for 14 years in Bali, Melbourne and Redcliffe. You can find me in Redcliffe, Queensland.
My areas of interest
The areas I have most interest in is women’s health including fertility and pregnancy. However I love helping with skin and general health complaints as well.
I love inspiring and helping women in their healing journeys with Chinese medicine and yoga. There are many tools available to help you to transform your health journey in a gentle and nurturing way.
About my time in Bali
I have had the fortune of living in Bali, Indonesia, working at the Chinese medicine clinic at Yayasan Bumi Sehat, a natural birthing centre in Bali, Indonesia.
It was 5 years of an incredible experience in fertility, pregnancy, birthing and general health for the whole community. This experience helped to create my passion to empower women in their life’s healing journeys.
About my time in Melbourne
In Melbourne I continued to help women in fertility and pregnancy care. I worked at Vitality, a multi practitioner healing centre and MAMA (Midwives and Mothers) helping support pregnant women.
About Mei Hua Chinese Medicine Clinic
Mei Hua Chinese Medicine Clinic offers acupuncture and herbal medicine clinic well as uterine therapy and one on one yoga sessions. Mei Hua clinic also has a Chinese medicine dispensary.
Online or telephone consultations are available for women living in areas that do not have access to natural healing methods.
- Bachelor of Chinese Medicine (Chinese Herbs & Acupuncture) Honours, Victoria University, Melbourne, 2008
- Internship Shangdong University Hospital, Shangdong, China 2007
- Diploma of Health (Shiatsu & Oriental Therapies), Australian Shiatsu College, 1997
- Bachelor of Arts, University of New England, 1994
- Further education in Women’s and pregnancy:
- Chinese gynaecology mentorship with Steven Clavey
- Pregnancy, birth and post-partum with classical Chinese herbs
- Sharon Weizenbaum’s Complete pregnancy course using Chinese herbs, Graduate Mentorship program
- Heather Bruce’s Painless Pregnancy Course, Living Ligaments I and 11, Healing after C-section
- Yoga as Lifestyle Medicine, Yoga Teacher Training 200hrs; Biyome, Biomedical institute of yoga and meditation (2021)
Mei Hua Chinese Medicine Clinic provides a caring and comfortable environment for healing and wellbeing.
Plum (梅: mei) is a highly valued plant in Chinese Culture. The beauty of its tree and blossoms inspires many works of art and poetry, while its fruits have been commonly used in Chinese culinary and medication.
Plum blossoms (梅花: Méi Huā) usually bloom by the end of winter against the snow and frosts. It beautifies its surrounding while other plants shed their leaves and rest in the harsh cold weather, offering unequaled view in the season. For this special quality, the plum blossom was admired as an icon of endurance and perseverance.
Its timing in the budding had made it a symbol of rebirth and faith for the return of the spring. Therefore, it became the representative flower of winter in the “Flowers of the Four Seasons” (四季花: Si Ji Hua) along with Orchid (spring), Lotus (summer) and Chrysanthemum (Autumn).