1. Is your timing of ovulation spot on?Every month there is a small window to conceive. And this time varies from month to month. If you are trying to fall pregnant yet struggling to do so, one of the first things we look at is timing. Are you actually ovulating when you think you are? There are a number of ways to tell if you are ovulating naturally. The ovulation mucus and the position of your cervix. To find our more about checking your cervix here. Another tool we use as Chinese medicine practitioners is the BBT chart. This is a diagnostic tool for us in which we gather data about your cycle and your hormones. It is also a great tool to indicate when you are ovulating. Sometimes you might be ovulating before or after you think you are and missing your window of opportunity.
2. Preconception careI have included preconception care in timing because this can make a big difference on your fertility treatments whether you are trying to conceive naturally or with the help of fertility treatments like IVF and IUI. Like your doctors, and fertility specialists, Chinese medicine practitioners also like to see you get successful outcomes from your fertility treatments. And we do this with preconception care 3 months prior to scheduled IVF or IUI cycles. We do this in a couple of ways:
· By preparing the endometrial lining . We want to ensuring your endometrial lining is thick with fresh new blood with each menstrual cycle by promoting the circulation of blood in the uterus to remove the lining at menstruation so it fills with fresh well nourished blood.
· By ensuring there is enough blood nourishing your ovaries to promote maturation of the ovarian follicles.
· Promoting relaxation and stress relief. Struggling to conceive is stressful and it brings a myriad of emotions – stress, fear, anxiety, disappointment, joy and hope. Trying to conceive can really knock our nervous systems around and put us into a flight or fight state in which sends the blood to other parts of our body rather than the ovaries and uterus – the rest, digest and reproduce aspect of our nervous system.Sometimes it is all about getting the timing right that makes all the difference to your fertility journey. “Your body has the innate natural potential to create a healthy baby. All you have to do is put it in the right place to do so both physically and emotionally” Randine Lewis author of “The Infertility Cure”. Book an appointment at Mei Hua Chinese Medicine Clinic